Find out more about Remote Therapy/Coaching Options by clicking on the logo
Physical Therapist Designed Programs: Structured plans that give you the confidence that your time and effort will be maximized providing the highest yield possible.
What you will get…
● PROFESSIONAL GOAL SETTING so that you are getting what you truly desire from your programming and have a clear mental vision of what you want to accomplish and what it will take to get there.
● PERSONALIZED MOVEMENT ASSESSMENTS so that we can design and build a plan specific to you.
● INDIVIDUALIZED PLANS so that each session will be tailored to reinforce your strengths and build up your weaknesses.
● PROGRESSION BUILT INTO EVERY PROGRAM so that you can focus on applying yourself to your training and have the reinforcement of seeing consistent improvement in performance with decreased injury risk.
● HELP NAVIGATING we can show you what to do and when so that you can avoid aggravating a potential problem, but continue to get the benefit of training.
The Quick Fix:
Everyone who comes to physical therapy wants to get out of pain NOW. This is why they seek help. This is where the“quick fix” comes in. You say, “Crack me, pop me, move me, just make me feel better right now. Then I will wait until I can no longer stand the discomfort again and come back for more cracking and popping” or whatever your preferred “fix” is. Can you imagine if someone were to go to an orthodontic looking for a better smile and the orthodontic said great, we are just going force these teeth into the position we want, should take 3-5 visits and then your done. Does anyone actually think this works? I don’t think so, but that’s how people approach their personal physical pain and dysfunctions. Sure, I have been well trained and have practiced for years all the quick fixes to help people get out of pain right now (counter strain, mobilizations, soft-tissue work, etc.), but that’s just enough to start the real effort of correcting the dysfunctions that got you there in the first place.
The Long Term Solution:
This is where the fun really begins for me. I have had the opportunity to work with a very large number cash paying clients ranging from young collegiate caliber football players to 60 year old post stroke clients over an EXTENDED period of time. I’m talking working this these individuals for at least 1 year or more, not the traditional 3x/week for 3 weeks and your done. Having done this has given me great insight into what it truly takes to get the corrections needed for the human body to function at it’s best and to minimize dysfunction. The Long Term Solution usually follows a pattern that looks something like this: Physical Therapy Evaluation then, depending on the problem, follow up with 3-6 visits over the course of 2-3 weeks. Then 1 visit every other week for 1-2 months and then 1 visit per month for 8-10 months. Everyone is different, so this is not a cookie cutter approach, but it helps to give you an idea of what you can expect.